Saturday, March 29, 2008

iheartbigtuna's review of Horton Hears a Who and JKras on Jay Leno

Horton Hears A Who (rated G), Steve Carell is the voice of the Mayor of Whoville

Summary in 2 words: hysterical, adorable

Summary in more than 2 words: Finally, a Dr. Seuss book-into-movie they've done right!! I loathed the people versions of The Grinch and The Cat in the Hat with Jim Carey, they were just so stupid looking, the humor was crude and it just wasn't Dr. Seussy at all!! This movie, however, was great! They managed to follow the storyline correctly while adding in some new strange, quirky characters to modernize and liven it up a bit (such as the oppossum/porcupine/who knows what type of animal she was, Katie who was really cute and only said a few words and was very strange but in an odd way hilarious). They also added little extra bits of info that weren't in the book, but that just further explored Dr. Seuss's world of Whoville. For example, the mayor has 96 daughers (just like in the book) and one son (not in book) and they have this giant revolving table that swivels every couple of minutes so that the Mayor can spend an allotted amount of time with each child every morning. The fact that his only son is emo and doesn't talk until the very end of the movie is also hysterical. As the mayor, Steve Carell was awesome!! Usually you can immediately tell it's him, and to an extent you could, but once you get lost in the movie, you start to forget it's Steve; he's just the Mayor...which means Steve did it right! There is all types of humor in the story, some of it is what I call "Tom and Jerry style" which is basically falling down, or getting hit on the head, but there isn't too much of that that it's annoying and in general the humor isn't forced or stupid, but witty so that older kids and even parents can appreciate it as well as little kids.

I give it 4 and a half stars because it was an amazing movie, but the ending was a little strange....i won't give it away....

U ALL MUST SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JKras on Jay Leno:

He's so funny and amazing! I loved seeing the Dunkin Donuts commercial, he looks so much younger in that and when he squeal-screams, it's amazingly hysterical!!! :) I was dissapointed however that JKras repeated a story (the one about the musical guest who went to go smoke weed right before he was needed onstage when JKras was an intern on some show). Yes, it's a good story, but c'mon JKras - i'm sure you have more material!!! Anyway, that movie, Leatherheads, doesn't look that good to be honest, it just looks really stupid...and i can't picture JKras as a young football player from the early days of football. He just looks so out-of-place. If I wasn't a fan of the Office, maybe I could picture him as that guy, but right now, I just keep asking myself whenever I see a commercial for Leatherheads, "where's Pam?" "where's Jims tie?" "where's Jim's desk?" ect. ect. ect......

All in all, it was an amazing interview, I haven't seen one of JKras in a while....oh, and my mom said that maybe a month ago Rainn Wilson was on Jay Leno! Hopefully we can find in online....

~iheartbigtuna~

2 comments:

Zabe said...

I don't care if that movie looks bad or not, we should still see it. I don't think anything could be as awful as License to Wed, which, I did not see, but looks dreadful. We need to support our man. And I like George Clooney.
I have a feeling that "Artist X" is Gene Simmons, but I'm not positive. He was in a band, and he always wears sunglasses, so maybe.

Michelle said...

I second that License to Wed must have been the stupidest movie ever (even though I didn't see it either) but I guess I'll still see Leatherheads...but only to support big tuna!